I apologise for the absurd length of this post.
It’s funny how the blogging awards and tagging games spread like diseases. Fun diseases. The kind that get you off work or out of school with minimal discomfort and allow you to sit in bed and watch movies all day… okay I don’t know of any diseases like that. If I’m out of work, I’m usually not able to do anything but down liquids, take drugs, and sleep.
The Rules To This Epidemic
One must post 11 – yes, 11 – facts relevant to one’s self.
One must answer 11 questions chosen by the carrier.
One must choose 4 citizens to pass on the fundemic to.
One must choose 11 questions for the elected 4 to answer in their own post.
Of Me and Myself
1. I cannot watch the Felicity movie without bursting into giggles every time Ben is on screen. I also just published the first snippet of a Ben/Lissie fan fiction, which I will give linkage for if you are very, very persuasive.
2. I watched Love Never Dies on DVD last Friday. It was as bad as I thought. I liked a couple songs, but only out of context.
3. Two things I need to buy right now are packs of chewing gum for after lunch break breath, and an emery board for when my nails keep chipping. That happens a lot because, you know, I work very hard.
4. I’m stopping in the middle of this to go get cereal.
5. We only had Granola Raisin Bran left. Which is fiiiine, but would not have been my first pick.
6. Cocoa Pebbles would have been my first pick.
7. My coworker asked me to burn her a disc of the best Celtic Thunder songs. She ended up with three CDs of Celtic Thunder songs.
8. I only call my mum “mom” when I’m peeved at her or can’t get her attention. Then she’s “Mom, ma, mum, mumsie, maman, oomani, ooma, madre, mama, mooootheeeeer…” until she responds.
9. I typecast actresses I like, and call those I do not like by their real names. Example: “Why are they still hiring Kiera Knightley for movies?” “Oh! Elizabeth Bennet is in this Hallmark!” Male actors seem to be the exception. “Why can’t you date Liam Neeson’s daughter? Because she’s Taken.”
10. I want a husband who wears tricorns and breeches and spatterdashes. May I have one, please?
11. I just realized it’s technically Wednesday, now that it’s past 12 in the morning, so TO THE DREAMER UPDATE AT ONCE!!!!
Answering Marie‘s Questions
1) If you could dye your hair any color for a day, with no judgment from anyone else, what color would you pick?
Blonde. Just for a day. I would look something like this…
Oh wait… more like this…
2) If you got a tattoo what would it be? (Even if you would never normally get one!)
A rose or a… no, probably a rose. Because they’re pretty and the least provocative. Depending on where you put it, I guess. I’d go with shoulder, or the small of my back.
3) Favorite quote?
One of them… “Three grand essentials to happiness in life are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.”
4) Worst book/movie you ever read/saw?
Worst book: The Phantom of Manhattan. Worst movie: The New World
5) If you could go back in time and change something what would it be? (It doesn’t have to involve you)
I would steal a man from the 18th or 19th century and change that I have to live my life without one.
6) What’s your most improbable dream/goal?
Marrying a man from the 18th/19th century. And books getting published. Because I never finish them.
7) What was the last book you read?
The Little Golden Book of Beauty and the Beast. And I’m currently reading Beauty by Robin McKinley, one of my all time favourites. Do I like Beauty and the Beast much? Yes. Yes I do.
8) Why did you start your blog?
To give myself a place to write random thoughts without pressuring myself to stick to a schedule or anything, and share with others who have similar amusements and tastes.
9) What’s your favorite newspaper comic?
Hmmm…. Get Fuzzy. I love Bucky. Oh, but Dilbert, too!
10) Hipster or Celebrity?
Celebrity. Does Kate Middleton count as a celebrity? Because I pick her.
11) What rhymes with orange?
KristinaMara‘s Questions Answered Because I was Tagged Twice
1. What superhero would you be? Starfire! But not the comic version. She’s a little too… boobalicious for me to be. The Cartoon Network Starfire. I think it’s pretty clear that I could be her.
Yes, I am her. Also, my best friend is Raven, so it all makes sense.
2. What color are your favorite pair of socks? Black lace. They’re more like really short stockings that tie with a tiny ribbon in the back.
3. Polkadots or florals? Whyyy do you torment me with such a difficult choice?? *sigh* Since florals are harder to do right, and my favourite skirt (purchased in Southampton, England) is navy blue with polkadots, I choose polkadots. Plus, I’ve always wanted a 40′s bathing suit in polkadots.
4. If you could live in any book, which book would it be? Eurgsh! Another difficult choice!! I hesitate to list any favourite books. I fear entering them would change aspects of the world within and negate the reasons I like them so well. Perhaps a children’s book would be a wise choice. Except there has to be romance. No point if there’s no romance. This is so tough! I’ll go with a general thing and say a Disney book. Then I can be a princess and wear beautiful gowns and marry a prince! But wait… am I the heroine? What if I’m just an original side character? Then I’d want to be in Emma Browne or a Jane Austen, and marry someone I/she failed to marry off. Or if we’re talking outside the general story plot and delving into a world, I could go for any Robin McKinley novel. Her worlds are magical. That was a good question. But too hard for me to answer properly.
5. Where would you go right now if you could go anywhere? Between 1700′s Williamsburg for research, 1800′s England for a husband, or the kitchen because I’m hungry… I cannot decide.
6. What makes up a perfect day? A mixture of productive accomplishments, good food, and a lot of fun. And sweater/hot chocolate weather.
7. It’s raining. You are…? Most likely ringing up orders for soup in a bread bowl as quickly as I can manage. Though ideally, standing on a grassy incline in England, wearing a billowy cloak and getting pelted. But with the understanding that there’s somewhere nice to dry off afterward; somewhere with books and a fireplace and a cosy chair.
8. What’s one thing that always makes you happy? Making other people happy. A good song. A positive review.
9. Which super villain would you be, and why? Oooo. Dangit, Kristina! Such excellent and hard-to-answer questions! I must ponder this as I get a snack… I can’t think of any existing ones! I can’t imagine becoming a villain unless someone I loved was in danger, or killed, and I tried to save them or avenge their death but then got carried away and so consumed in grief and rage that I destroyed much more than a few people I blamed for said danger/death. That makes me think of Darth Vader, but is he a super villain? I’d love to have force powers. There we go. I’d be a fallen Jedi. But it would be because the Jedi forbid marriage and I’d be all, “Forget you, monkish geezers!” and run off with a star pilot and still do good around the galaxy, but not adhere to Jedi rules, so the council would condemn me as a villain, but I’d be perfectly happy with my do-gooder star pilot husband and force persuade powers. [You want to bake me a fresh pastry. You want to give it to me for free.]
10. What is your favorite thing about you? I like that I like a lot of things so I find enjoyment in many simple pleasures and I adapt well.
11. Do you have a signature item? That makes me think of our signature sandwiches at Panera. Recently, I’ve started to wear flower ties in my hair for work because I got sick of my hat making me look boyish. My coworkers worry now when I forget to wear one.
Spreading The Fun Bug
1. Le Timlet – Are you really surprised? =P Come on, man. Do this thing.
2. Elana of Cartoons & Creative Writing – Not sure if she’s been tagged yet, but I’d love to see how her creative mind answers these questions I picked. =D
3. Kristina from Eccentric Owl – I’m aware that she’s been tagged at least twice before, but I just wanted to show how crazy popular she is by tagging her again. Also, I want her to answer my questions. *pokes comment box*
4. Girl on the Contrary – She’s getting married, so who knows if she’ll have time to do a silly tag-post right away. But since I find her posts uproariously hilarious and surprisingly touching, I figured it doesn’t hurt to dream.
In case this is unclear, (because it confused me at first) this is the part where those of you I tagged have to copy these questions and answer them in your posts.
1. What is your favourite animated sequel? (Disney or other)
2. Hardcover or paperback?
3. If you had a writer’s pseudonym, what would it be? (If you have one, what is it?)
4. Name one thing you’re obsessed with that most people don’t understand.
5. If you were famous, how would you use your fame? (Awareness for a cause you believe in, getting free things, meeting other famous people…?)
6. If God said He would grant you one request, what would you ask for?
7. Imagine you’re standing in front of a door, hand raised to knock. Where does the door lead and who is on the other side?
8. Between a thriving vegetable garden or a flourishing flower garden, which would you choose?
9. How do you define a large family?
10. Someone gives you an aquarium and asks you to fill it. Money is no issue and the sky’s the limit. What do you put inside?
11. Would you rather inherit an old fashioned fixer-upper, or a super modern mansion?