I have a problem with keeping my room clean. Or even getting it clean once I’ve let it go. Work makes me sore and tired and I use that as an excuse to do nothing. I guess what I need to do is set small goals I can reach every day and then work up to a completely clean room. Once I have a floor again I’ll move on to organizing. THAT’S MY FAVORITE PHASE!! :D After organizing, I get to reward myself with thoughts and hopes of redecoration.
Ultimately, I want to go with a Regency feel to my room. I’m looking at sage green colors for the wall and taupe kind of accents. I have a pair of old fashioned… I guess they’re ads… in thick frames that inspired the thought.
But for now, I’ll devise a way to reward myself each night when my goals are met.
I’d take pictures of my progress and before and afters for a bigger push, but alas my camera is in the shop. Poor Pinkie. She lasted not long. Not long at all.
Tonight my goals are as follows:
- Empty 1 full bucket of laundry. (Not on the floor.)
- Fill empty bucket with dirty laundry.
- Put clothes from suitcase away. (Yep. Stuff from last weekend still sits in my suitcase. It’s like another dresser drawer, right?)
- Eat double chocolate fudge brownie with icing that I bought from work. :D
- Download Tangled songs to my mp3.
I’m thinking of making a similar post for writing goals. Because short term goals make me productive. Usually.