Timbo has gone and done it again. He’s awarded me an honour. (Stop putting red lines under that word, auto spell check! That is the correct British spelling!)
I must say, besides the cringe-worthy misspelling, this is a very pretty award. It reminds me of the cover of a Jane Austen biography.
In starting this blog I intended it to be a smattering of my own thoughts without the pressure of writing well, but since then it’s grown into much, much more. I’m greatly blessed in having met so many kindred spirits along the way. I look forward to making you laugh and think and perhaps find inspiration for your own writings for many moons to come. :)
So this thanks goes out to you, readers! And of course Timdiddly for nominating me.
10 fun facts…
1. If I buy a book, I probably will never read it. There are are so many new books–new books being those I haven’t read before–that prevent me from rereading old ones, even favorites. If I purchase a book from the thrift store it usually takes up permanent space in my cupboard or shelf because there’s no deadline as there is with library rentals. “I’ll get around to reading it sooner or later” is my motto of doom.
2. I’m a huge sap. Although very sarcastic and devil-may-care about expressing my feelings, animated movies make me cry. Music from Phantom of the Opera makes me cry. Reading chapters of brutish men raising wolf pups makes me cry. It used to be that I could say I’ve only shed tears during a few movies and books, but that changed all too long ago.
3. Just a moment ago I learned there’s no great difference between a fiddle and a violin, except in the way they’re played. I learned this from squeeing over a Celtic Thunder teaser and wondering what to call the thing Emmet had. A fiddle! By the way, Emmet Cahill looks like a Hobbit in that shot. ^.^ I want to put him in my pocket!!
4. I want a bearskin rug. I find them terribly romantic. Someday I shall have a library with a delicious fireplace and a huge, white bear rug splayed out in front of it.
5. I find post-Beast-prince attractive. And I’m the only one I know of who does. I don’t understand what everyone has against him! I realize blonde is not an ideal princely hair color, but he makes it work. And Belle’s reaction is so me. I’m doubting your existence. What shall I do? Pet the man’s hair. Yes, I would pet his hair.
6. In 134 days and 23 hours I’ll be leaving again for Europe!! Not much else to say! Dying of excitement over here!
7. Currently listening to The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Theme. Even though I’ve never played through an entire level of any of the games.
8. This outfit looks super duper comfortable and just dorky enough to interest me. [PARIS BLUES] I want to wear it on my days off.
9. Right now I continue to watch Bones for the new intern, Finn. Unfortunately I haven’t seen him in a while. =( Why they no put Finn in!? I MISS HIM!! And his sweet Southern accent.
10. I do believe it’s time for cereal. I hope we have some good kinds.
I think at last I have enough blog friends to tag! I shall continue the new-founded tradition of linking to one of my favorite posts rather than their homepages.
1. Mara the Eccentric Owl
~I can’t believe Mara hasn’t been awarded by me yet! I feel dreadful about it because she deserves many awards. She does a bit of everything; writing, fashion posts, picture challenges that make ME write, blurbs of daily life; and she’s a charming individual. Do look her up!
2. Cappy at Writer’s Block
~Never fails to make me laugh. Even when she posts about losing her funny, it still makes me roftlol. =P
~”I have people to kill, lives to ruin, plagues to bring, and worlds to destroy. I am not the Angel of Death. I’m a fiction writer.” There you have it.
4. Clare, a Jane of All Trades
~A multitalented individual who makes me wish I was a more productive person myself. And I’m still waiting with baited breath to see how she manages the Tamina costume because since the movie’s release I’ve wanted one of my own. =)
~A treasure trove of information both directly and indirectly related to Jane Austen, her life and times.
6. Lora at The Dreamer Blog
~This should come as no surprise to anyone who’s seen my recent posts. It’s no secret that I’m in love with
Major Alan Warren this web comic. Yes, you cannot enjoy our blog antics to the proper extent without first knowing the story. (Hording Hamiltons? Refer to the comment section from December 20th, 2011) Thus, for your pleasure, I have linkage to the first page of the story itself: The Dreamer; A story in which a modern day diva falls in love with an 18th century Revolutionary soldier.
The folks who follow this web comic are like-minded comical people. I could spend all my free time absorbing the beauteous graphics of Lora’s handiwork and laughing with my fellow readers.
Just don’t mention Milly Weaver or your life is forfeit. ;)
I can’t think of anything more creative than The Dreamer.
Disappointed that your blog wasn’t mentioned? Watch this video for tips on how to be more creative and deserving of blog awards.
CAUTION: This video could very well cause heart attacks, eye twitching, and permanent psychological trauma. Not even joking. After 2:15 it gets really weird really fast.
“Now let’s all agree. To never be creative again.”