2. Throughout my day I will randomly start speaking in a British accent. I believe this is proof that I was switched at birth and some undeserving American child has been living MY British life in the UK. Rudeness beyond comprehension.
3. My two favourite shows are currently Downton Abbey and Horrible Histories. I also considered buying the Horrible Histories DVDs even though they don’t work on US players. Although… I suppose I could just pop on overseas every time I fancied a watch!
Since I know you’ll be wondering what Horrible Histories is, basically it’s the best thing ever. It airs on CBBC (Children’s British Broadcasting Corporation) and uses songs and skits to teach kids about history. Um, historical skits and musicals? Yes. Please.
a few some of my favourites, although every one is fantastic and you really should spend a whole day just watching them all. :D
Awful Egyptians: Hieroglyphics with Mat
-Why I find this so attractive, I don’t know. But I think the dancing helps. :D :D
Vile Victorians: The Incredible Victorian Child
-“I’M SHOUTY MAN!!”
Ruthless Rulers: Kings and Queens Song
-Why yes, I AM trying to memorize this!!! :D I am super duper excited to have found this sing-along version!
Incredible Incas: Want to Harm a Llama?
-I dare you to sing this at school/work/right now.
4. Speaking of “favourites” I look at “center” “honor” “realize” and “traveled” and all I see are misspelled words. “Centre” “honor” “realise” and “travelled” are correct.
5. I know more about Queen Victoria than the current presidential candidates. I also like her much, much better than any of them.
6. When I drop things or hurt myself at work, the first words out of my mouth are either “blimey!” or “bloody…” I call things “barmy” “daft” and “beastly.” I’ve read that ‘Americans should avoid saying “bloody” as they sound silly.’ But it sounds all right when said in a proper accent.
7. I want a man like this to be my husband. How else can I expect my children to be brought up hearing fairy tales the way they were meant to be read?
I can’t stop grinning from ear to ear when I watch this. :D Especially when he does the voices.
8. It is cause for grave concern when the weather is too sunny. Mostly I’m worried because I can’t wear my coat, fingerless gloves, or cute scarves and hats. But also because I hate the heat. I would love for sunshine to be a beautiful rarity.
9. I cringe when I talk about “soccer” because a part of me is aware that I live in America and people here will be confused if I say “football/futbahl” which is my first instinct.
10. Even if I’m just asking the till associate a question, I’ll “queue up” rather than cut in line.
Now that you know why I must be British (and marry an Englishman) I have a bit of an announcement to make.
This is my 200th post!
In celebration, I would like to… umm… well, really I just want to go to bed. I shouldn’t be up so late when I work on the morrow. But I will not leave you comfortless! Here’s a comical video with two British guys storming Walmart!
(Alex is the same one who brought us Snarky Brit Reading Twilight, so we love him for that already.)
“It’s Coke all the things!”